Sogenactif is a secure multi-channel e-commerce payment solution that complies with the PCI DSS standard. It allows you to accept and manage payment transactions by taking into account business rules related to your activity (payment upon shipping, deferred payment, recurring payment, payment in instalments, etc.).
SOGENACTIF 2.0 now replaces SOGENACTIF 1.0 whose maintenance will be stopped in the 06/30/2022. It is therefore needed to migrate from the SOGENACTIF 1.0 environment to the SOGENACTIF 2.0 environment. SOGENACTIF 2.0 is a more modern solution (new connectors, state of the art technology, etc.), reinforcing security for your electronic payments (anti-fraud tools) and allowing you more autonomy (new merchant merchant portal). In this migration context, Societe Generale offers you offers you two strategies:
- A full migration: you open a new eshop in 2.0, which means a complete overhaul of your payment and back-office system at your expense. You will sign a new contract SOGENACTIF 2.0 contract with a new service number (corresponding to a new merchand_id (i.e. MID) with your usual Societe Generale contact person. This migration mode is already available and we invite you to consult the full migration guide.
- A simplified migration: you keep your service number associated with your merchant_id (i.e. MID) in order to maintain your back-office. You will be responsible for the deployment of connectors. You will switch to the SOGENACTIF 2.0 offer by signing a migration rider to your SOGENACTIF 1.0 contract and the General Terms and Conditions SOGENACTIF 2.0 contract with your usual Société Générale electronic banking contact person.
To find out more about the difference between "full" and "simplified" migration, we invite you to consult the introduction to migration page on this website.
The purpose of this document is to introduce you to the simplified migration.
Who does this document target?
This document is intended for merchants having the Sogenactif 1.0 offer (Payment and Office Server) and wishing to keep their merchant_id as part of the evolution of Sogenactif 1.0 to 2.0. This is what we call the simplified migration.
It is intended to facilitate the migration to Sogenactif 2.0.
Prerequisites before going any further
The simplified migration from Sogenactif 1.0 to 2.0 is possible only if:
- You have a 3X/4X Web Franfinance contract on 1.0
- And/or you use the SUB API
- And/or you use batch files for other cash management operations other than duplication, cancellation, validation and refund
- Or you use some CMS. Some CMS are developped simplified migration modules for the Sogenactif 1.à to 2.0 migration. You must ensure that your integrator is able to install these specific modules for simplified migration.
Before starting your migration, you must therefore check beforehand that your situation is compatible with the simplified migration mode by referring to the criteria set out above. If you are not eligible for the simplified migration, you will need to open a new 2.0 eshop using the "full" migration method.
You will find all the information about the full migration on this website. We recommend you to read this whole document including the FAQ (appendix 1) and the document tree (appendix 2) to help to choose the right migration method.
Contacting the support
For any technical question or request for assistance, our services are available Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 7 pm, excluding public holidays:
- by telephone at: +33 (0) 825 090 095 (0,15 € TTC/min + price of a call – price as of 01/11/2021)
- by e-mail: email@example.com
In order to facilitate the processing of your requests, please provide your merchantId (15-digit number).
Migration principles to Sogenactif 2.0
|What remains after migration||What changes after migration|
|Data and formats||New format for requests and for automatic and manual
New payment URL.
New cash management URL via Sogenactif Office Serveur.
|Transaction identification||Operation with
|Cash management||Same access to Sogenactif Gestion.
Same cash management rights.
|Admin user created to access to cash management from Sogenactif Portal|
|Reporting||Unchanged reports format.|
|Access to extranets||Sogenactif CustomPages
Ability to use the Sogenactif CustomPages extranet to prepare and test your page customisation.
Access to Sogenactif Portal is created for the downloading of the secret key.
|Fraud||Anti-fraud checks are maintained.|
|Registration procedure||No re-enrolment of the merchant's shops.|
|Connectors||New non-intrusive connectors to replace APIs.
New secret key (per shop) that replaces the Sogenactif 1.0 certificate.
|File transfer||FTP account unchanged.
The remitter_id does not change.
No change in the naming or in the format of the request and response files.
|Means of payment||New international means of payment.
Means of payment only in 2.0.
|Page customisation||A new page customisation is implemented with the help of the Sogenactif CustomPages tool and Sogenactif support.|
What you have to do: the different steps of the simplified migration
The following steps are essential for the successful completion of the migration from Sogenactif 1.0 to Sogenactif 2.0:
You have a 1.0 eshop, so you have a merchantd_id which allows you to authenticate yourself. All your transactions are performed with this merchant_id and you benefit from reports and a visualisation of all yours transactions on the extranet (Portail Sogenactif) for all payment means.
Prerequisites to start the simplified migration
You ensure the technical compatibility of upgrading your Sogenactif 1.0 in simplified migration mode. To do that, please refer to the §1.1 of this document.
We invite you to consult the page of this site dedicated to the introduction to the migration in order to understand the difference between the migration method proposed (full and simplified migration).
Step 1: starting your migration project
Before starting the simplified migration from Sogenactif 1.0 to 2.0 you must contact your Société Générale electronic banking contact person.
Your Société Générale electronic banking contact person will make you sign a simplified migration rider to your Sogenactif 1.0 contract and give you the general conditions of the Sogenactif 2.0 contract and a template for the validation report at the end of the simplified migration that will allow you to finalise the technical migration. The Sogenactif 1.0 tariff conditions remain unchanged.
You start the project internally by mobilising all stakeholders. At any time, for all your technical questions, you (or any other provider/technical speaker) can contact the new assistance center dedicated to the Sogenactif 1.0 migration :
- By phone: 0811 107 022 (0,05€/min + call price - price as of 01/09/2021) from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays, from 9h to 17h.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by specifying in the subject "SOGENACTIF 1.0 migration + n° MID"
Step 2: integrating the 2.0 connectors and testing with the simulation data
This step requires technical knowledge. A basic knowledge of the standards of today's web programming languages, such as Java, PHP or .Net, is required to develop the connection.
You will choose the connector to implement. This choice is made according to your needs. For example, if you use Sogenactif Payment 1.0, you can choose the connector Sogenactif Paypage.
On the other hand, the integrator must choose the type of connector: JSON, POST or SOAP (for Sogenactif Office Serveur).
Your integration will necessarily be done with a transaction_id generated by you. This configuration is required for :
- allow your eshop to work with the 1.0 API and the 2.0 connectors
- keep the 1.0 reports format
|Data||Transaction creation via :|
|Sogenactif Paypage / Sogenactif Office Serveur||Sogenactif Gestion|
|transactionId provided by you||standard processing||Proposed by Sogenactif, editable and displayed in red|
|missing transactionId||Response code = 12||Response code = 12|
|transactionReference provided by you||Response code = 12||N/A|
|complementary reference generated by Sogenactif||transactionReference||transactionReference|
The Sogenactif documentation website offers to you dedicated documents for each connector in the developer section. We invite you to consult the documentation tree available in the appendix 2 of this document. You can use the Sogenactif documentation website for any other documentation.
If you wish to customize your payment pages, you can use our tool Sogenactif CustomPages allowing to test and visualize the pages rendering. Please refer to the Sogenactif CustomPages documentation to use the tool.
If you do not customize your page, the default template will be applied.
After your integration, to perform you tests, use the simulation data displayed in the table above: URL, merchant_id and secret key. They will allow you to perform your tests without impacting your current production flow.
|Your ID (merchantId)||002001000000003|
|Key version (keyVersion)||1|
It is a simulation. So, the transactions will not appear in Sogenactif Gestion.
For the Sogenactif Office Serveur connector, we invite you to our support dedicated to the migration.
Step 3: retrieving your secret key on Sogenactif Download and going to production
When you have completed the simplified migration rider to your Sogenactif 1.0 contract (Step 1), you have filled in the data for the technical contact; thanks to those information, a Sogenactif Download user has been created on our download platform. A connection email has been adressed to the contact.
Who receives the password and id to connect to Sogenactif Download?
- The admin contact indicated in the contract will receive a "Account Creation for Download Interface" email containing the id to give to the technical contact from "email@example.com" to connect to Sogenactif Download.
- The technical contact indicated in the contract will receive an email containing the password from "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject "Password for Download Interface". This contact will have access to Sogenactif Download to download the secret key.
- Once the migration to SOGENACTIF 2.0 done, the admin contact will have access to the Sogenactif Portal (new access to back office management). This contact will be able to give other people permissions.
- If the admin and technical contacts already have ids to connect to Sogenactif Download, they must not use them. Only the new ids received after the singing the rider are valid.
Société Générale provides on Sogenactif Download a secret key allowing to secure the exchanges between your website and the Sogenactif server.
You are responsible for looking after this key and should take all measures to:
- restrict access to the key
- safeguard it by encrypting it
- never copy it onto a non-secure disc or device
- never send it (via e-mail or regular mail) in a non-secure method
A secret key compromised (and used by a malicious third party) might disrupt the regular operation of your shop and might in particular generate unauthorised sales or cash transactions (e.g. refunds).
The same key is used for the different connectors.
If needed, you can also perform a secret key renewal request via this extranet.
Once the connection of your website and/or application tested, you can not validate the connection on production.
Beforehand, we advice you to isolate your website and/or application from the public to avoid customers to make transactions during this validation phase.
To switch to the production server, you must change the URL and use the ids of your eshop: 1.0 merchantId, secretKey and keyVersion.
Sogenactif Paypage connector:
|URL Sogenactif||JSON : https://payment-webinit.sogenactif.com/rs-services/v2/paymentInit|
|SecretKey||Secret key you have retrieved via the extranet Sogenactif Download|
|keyVersion||Secret key version retrieved on Sogenactif Download (logically 1 for the 1st key)|
Sogenactif Office Serveur connector:
|SecretKey||Secret key you have retrieved via the extranet Sogenactif Téléchargement|
|KeyVersion||Secret key version retrieved on Sogenactif Download (logically 1 for the 1st key)|
You payment system will be fully operational.
Once you have performed a first transaction with the new 2.0 connectors, we recommend you to contact the Sogenactif support email@example.com (precise in the mail subject "1.0 SOGENACTIF migration") to check the proper functioning.
If you detect an issue (unknown issue during the testing phase of your internal developments), it's possible to switch back the flow to Sogenactif 1.0 via the API.
This technical cohabitation solution is possible until the end of the maintenance of the 1.0 API. However, once you have sent us the validation report at the end of the simplified migration, the 1.0 API will be deactivated on your webshop.
During this technical cohabitation, you must ensure each transactionId is unique to avoid the duplicate between the transactions generated via Sogenactif 1.0 and 2.0.
Step 4: validating the end of migration
Once your website has been migrated on the 2.0 connectors, you must fill the validation report on the end of the simplified migration. This report validation has been given to you by your usual Société Générale electronic banking contact person, in appendix of the contract amendment for the simplified migration to your Sogenactif 1.0 contract.
You must give this validation report of end of simplified migration properly filled and signed to the Sogenactif support via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the mail subject "SOGENACTIF validation report for simplified migration + MID + website name". This report validation for the simplified migration will have to indicate an example of transaction performed on the 2.0 connectors.
The Sogenactif support will inform you directly of the status of the report:
- Either the validation report of the end of the simplified migration is KO: the Sogenactif support will tell you via email the reasons for non-admissibility and the fixes to make. You will address a new report of the end of the simplified migration to the support and so on until the validation report is validated by the support;
- Either the validation report of the end of the simplified migration
is OK: the Sogenactif support:
- will confirm you the end of your migration directly via email;
- will delete the certificat related to your eshop. From then on, you will not be able to perform transactions via the 1.0 API for your payment pages by redirection nor perform cash management via the Office API;
- will address to the admin contact, as indicated in the rider, an email from "email@example.com" to connect to Sogenactif Portal (new access point to the cash management back office, fraud management, download tool...). This email will contain on one hand an id and on the other hand a link allowing to create a password. The receipt of this email to access the Sogenactif portal is synonymous with the successful completion of the simplified migration process
if your migration concerns several eshops, you will fill a validation report of the end of the simplified migration by eshop.
Your migration is completed: What changes for you?
You will find above the main changes and what does not change once your simplified 1.0 migration completed.
What changes for you :
- You (admin contact) now accesses to the back office via the
- a. This 2.0 Sogenactif Portal is your new unique access point to your bak office instead of Sogenactif Gestion. This portal regroups the back office for cash management, users management, fraud management, customization of payment pages and downloading (secret key);
- b. The simplified migration from SOGENACTIF 1.0 to SOGENACTIF 2.0 allows you to keep the fraud controls already parameterised while benefiting from new additional controls that you will be able to parametriseon your own via the Sogenactif Portal;
- c. For more information about the Sogenactif Portal, a dedicated guide is available on the Sogenactif website : https://documentation.sogenactif.com/en/
- You automatically benefit from:
- a. The activation of the alert for the expiry date of your secret keys (those keys having a validity period of 2 years, you must proceed to their renewal before the expiry date to ensure the continuity of your electronic payment activity)
- b. The regulatory upgrading including the automatic activation of 3DS and the brand selection in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2015/751 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2015 on interchange fees for card-related payment transactions
- c. The automatic activation of the "retry checkout". It allows the cardholder to a retry with a new payment mean when his first payment has been refused. The payment pages displays all the payment means present in the payment request. The retry is possible when the first payment has been refused for a reason other than fraud (card entry error, 3-D Secure authentication error...). By default 3 attempts are parametrized.
- The "Refusal of transactions with 3D error" option does not exist in 2.0 anymore. It is automatically deactivated after the migration to SOGENACTIF 2.0. You can subscribe to the option "Refusal of the transactions without proof of acceptance" which allows to reject all the non guaranteed transactions, including 3D ERROR, via the simplified migration rider to your SOGENACTIF 1.0 contract.
- The "anto-carding controls" option is deactivated after the migration. It does not exist on the SOGENACTIF 2.0 offer given the disappearance of the certificate linked to the SOGENACTIF 1.0 API (this option made it possible to cover the risk of "certificate corruption" in SOGENACTIF 1.0).
- The "N times payment" option which was implemented by default in the SOGENACTIF 1.0 offer becomes optional in the SOGENACTIF 2.0 offer. Thus, this option is deactivated in 2.0 but you can request that it be maintained via the simplified migration rider to your SOGENACTIF 1.0 contract.
What has not changed:
- You keep the history of old transactions performed in 1.0, accessible via the same Sogenactif Portal as the new transactions performed in 2.0;
- You keep the transaction references "transactionId" and "transactioIdDate" and the 1.0 reports format (unless you specify otherwise by means of the simplified migration rider to your SOGENACTIF 1.0 contract)
- You automatically retain the existing control settings in terms of anti-fraud tools (while benefiting from new additional controls that you can set up from the Sogenactif portal). Furthermore, if you had created grey/white/black lists in 1.0: they remain unchanged in 2.0, without any action on your part
- You automatically keep all the functionalities of your SOGENACTIF 1.0 contract (except for the last 3 options described in the paragraph above)
Appendix 1: Simplified migration FAQ
Why migrating on 2.0?
The Sogenactif 1.0 stops on the 06/30/2022.
In this context, Société Générale suggests you migrate to the Sogenactif 2.0 service, which allows you to:
- simplify the integration of Sogenactif and standardise the connection methods with new state-of-the-art Sogenactif connectors;
- optimise the customer experience with new features and new customer interface ergonomics (Sogenactif In-App application, webresponsive, etc.);
- have more autonomy in the management of your transactions and your merchant settings with a new Sogenactif Portal interface;
- make your expansion in the global market easier with new means of payment;
- take advantage of advanced features such as efficient anti-fraud, advantages related to the 3DSV2, etc.
Can you keep receiving reports in 1.0 format?
In case you keep your merchant_id, the identification by transaction_ID is maintained, so you keep your logs in the old 1.0 format.
In addition, transactions with connectors will indeed be included in your 1.0 reports.
s10TransactionIdfield and not by Sogenactif.
S10TransactionIdis an alternate transaction identifier that is compatible with Sogenactif 1.0. It uniquely identifies a transaction over a day. The
s10TransactionId/s10TransactionIdDatepair ensures the uniqueness of the transaction.
Are all fields carried forward to 2.0?
Some fields are not carried forward to 2.0. You need to take this into account in your implementation.
Please refer to Appendix 2: document tree structure
Can you keep the same payment pages customisation?
The customisation of the payment pages can be recovered if:
- Customisation logo 1.0: currently, you don't specify the templateName in API 1.0. When you'll use the connector 2.0, you will have to specify in your request the parameter templateName = "custom-MerchandID" (the MerchantID is your identifier with 15 characters).
- Customisation "template" or "css": currently you specify the templateName in API 1.0. You've generated your customisation with Custompages (or by sending to Worldline) whose name you will have to reuse in the templateName field.
Can you change the payment pages customisation?
If you wish to change the customisation of your payment page, you can access the "customePage" tool which will allow you to generate a new customisation of your payment page.
A page customisation guide is provided along with the Custompages pages customisation tool.
Please refer to Appendix 2: document tree structure
Can you use the existing 1.0 Wallet base?
The 1.0 Wallet base is quite usable with Sogenactif 2.0.
This is the software object that incorporates the transactionId.
s10TransactionReference field needs to be
populated when a payment is made using an old 1.0 webshop.
transactionReference field must not
Example with your own transactionId (typically when you increment the Ids from your database):
// $s10TransactionReference=array( // "s10TransactionId" => "000001", // // "s10TransactionIdDate" => "not needed", Please note that the date is not needed, Sogenactif server will apply its date. // ); //
Where can you find a sample functional code?
Société Générale provides a sample PHP code on Github that initiates a Sogenactif Paypage payment on the simulation environment.
What means of payment are available in 2.0?
The list of means of payment available in 2.0 is provided on our online documentation website.
Please refer to Appendix 2: document tree structure
What fraud checks are available in 2.0?
You have new additional fraud controls included in the standard subscription. In addition, your old settings for the existing 1.0 fraud controls are retained. Finally, if you had created grey/white/black lists in 1.0: they also remain unchanged in 2.0, without any action on your part.
The fraud checks available in 2.0 are detailed in the "anti-fraud" guide.
Please refer to Appendix 2: document tree structure
What currencies are accepted in 2.0?
The accepted currencies depend on the acquirer contract (consult your usual Société Générale electronic banking contact for more information).
The expected currencies for Visa, Mastercard and Amex are listed in the Data Dictionary available on the online documentation.
Please refer to Appendix 2: document tree structure
Appendix 2: document tree structure
Please find in this appendix a summary table of the reference documents available to accompany your migration:
|Connectors||Sogenactif Payment to Sogenactif Paypage migration|
|Sogenactif Office Serveur Server 1.0 to Sogenactif Office Serveur 2.0 migration|
|Sogenactif Office Batch1.0 to 2.0 migration|
|Pages customisation||Migration of payment pages customisation|
|Reports||1.0 2.0 reports correlation|
|Fields||1.0 2.0 data correlation|
|Data dictionary||Data dictionary|
|Online documentation||Documentation en ligne Sogenactif|
|Sogenactif Gestion||Sogenactif Gestion|
|Sogenactif Download||Sogenactif Portal|
|Sogenactif CustomPages||Sogenactif CustomPages|