Introduction to the migration
To search in the page use Ctrl+F on your keyboard
Sogenactif 2.0 is a more modern solution (new connectors, state of the art technology, etc.), reinforcing the security of your electronic payments (anti-fraud tools) and allowing you more autonomy (new merchant portal). Sogenactif 2.0 now replaces Sogenactif 1.0, whose maintenance will be discontinued in 2022. It is therefore necessary for you to migrate from the Sogenactif 1.0 environment to the Sogenactif 2.0 environment.
Société Générale offers two migration strategies:
- A “full” migration: you open a new 2.0 eshop, which involves a complete overhaul of your payment and back-office system at your expense. You will sign a new Sogenactif 2.0 contract with a new service number (corresponding to a new merchand_id (i.e. MID)) with your usual Société Générale electronic banking contact
- A “simplified” migration: you keep your service number associated with your merchant_id (i.e. MID) in order to maintain your back-office. You will be responsible for the deployment of the connectors. You will switch to the Sogenactif 2.0 offer by signing a migration rider to your Sogenactif 1.0 contract and the Sogenactif 2.0 General Conditions with your usual Société Générale electronic payment contact. You will also have to send a validation report to confirm that the electronic payment flows have been successfully implemented on the new 2.0 connectors.
- You have a 3X/4X Web Franfinance contract
- And/or use the SUB API
- And/or use batch files for operations other than duplication, cancellation, validation and refund
- Or if you use certain CMS: in fact, certain CMS have developed modules for simplified migration from Sogenactif 1.0 to 2.0. You should check with your integrator that it is able to install these specific simplified migration modules.
First steps in choosing your migration strategy
The purpose of this paragraph is to guide you in your choice of strategy and to assist you in the various stages of migration to Sogenactif 2.0 as part of the maintenance shutdown of Sogenactif 1.0.
Ideal if you want to limit the impact of developments and manage all your transactions (1.0 and 2.0) via your current 1.0 eshop access, subject to eligibility*.
Ideal if you want to activate new 2.0 options at the same time as the new eshop, or if you want to distinguish between 1.0 and 2.0 feeds, or if you are not eligible for the simplified migration*.
1.0 eshop retention = same 1.0 MID (merchant Id)
Creation of a new 2.0 eshop = MID change (merchant Id)
|Connectors||Deployment of connectors at your charge: less development than full migration||Deployment of connectors at your charge and developments related to the creation of a new 2.0 eshop: complete redesign of the payment system|
|Reports||Reports continuity in 1.0 format by default (possible upgrade to 2.0 reports)||New report formats in 2.0 format by default. Possible retention of 1.0 reports (if "transactionId" mode)|
|Data||Use of « transactionId »||Use of « transactionRéférence » (default mode) or possibility to work with the "transactionId", especially to keep your 1.0 reports.|
|2.0 new options||Addition of new options** after sending the validation report||New options** immediately available|
**Not available in 1.0, now available in 2.0 :
- New tools to fight fraud: Gonogo+ and scoring
- New optional services : 1-clic, In App,
- New payment means : in addition to 3X 4X Web Franfinance payment, 3X 4X CB Oney payment, Cpay Cetelem cards, 3X 4X CB Cetelem payment, Cofidis 3XCB, CVCO, payment by gift cards (Cado, Cadhoc, Spirit of Cadeau, Illicado), Multi-currency,
- New parameters: Generation of the transaction identifier by the merchant
Some questions to help you define the most appropriate migration mode for your situation:
- Have you developed automated reports processing?
- Do you do automated duplication, cancellation, validation, refunding of transactions via Office Batch (and only these operations via Office Batch)?
- Are the payment means/solutions currently in place in your shop sufficient?
- Are the reports in your eshop sufficient?
- Are you satisfied with the “transactionID” (6 digit) operation?
If you get a majority of “YES” votes: the simplified migration is recommended, provided you are eligible for this type of migration* (if you are not eligible, then you should choose the full migration, the main principles of which are outlined above).
If you get a majority of “NO” votes: a full migration is preferable.
In details :
- 1 : if automatic processing of reports, simplified migration allows not to redevelop these processes
- 2 : if Batch processing, simplified migration allows not to redevelop these processes
- 3 : 4 : 5 : if the current eshop corresponds to the needs, not creating a new 2.0 eshop with a new MID allows to limit the developments
The main stages of the customer migration process
The purpose of this paragraph is to present the migration process in the form of steps and actions to be taken by you.
Comparison of the 2 migration solutions
|« simplified » migration||« full » Migration|
You manage one eshop even during the transition period.
You have immediate access to the other functionalities of the Sogenactif 2.0 offer: payment means / payment solutions / reports format.
If you have SFTP access, you can retrieve your reports and drop the batch files for the 2.0 merchantId on the same access.
New reports formats in 2.0 format by default (possible retention of 1.0 reports (if "transactionId" mode))
You are not eligible for this migration mode if:
If you are eligible for the simplified migration, you must integrate the 2.0 connectors and deploy them in production before you can activate new services available in 2.0 that did not exist in 1.0.
What changes for you after the migration to 2.0? (regardless of the migration mode chosen)
You have access to a portal that allows you to manage your transactions, your users and your anti-fraud tools in a single entry point, in complete autonomy:
- You, as the administrator contact, can now access your back-office through the Sogenactif portal;
- The Sogenactif portal is the new single access point that brings together the back office for transaction management, user management, administration of anti-fraud rules, help with personalising payment pages and downloading (particularly the secret key);
- For more information on the Sogenactif Portal, a specific guide is available on this documentary site
You have more tools to fight fraud:
With new additional controls (included in your standard subscription) that you can configure autonomously from the Sogenactif portal;Note: [In the case of simplified migration only] You retain the existing 1.0 anti-fraud control settings and whichever migration method you choose, you benefit from these new additional controls.
- With the option "Refusal of transactions without proof of acceptance": this option allows to refuse all non-guaranteed transactions, including 3D ERROR. Consequently, the option "Refusal of 3D error transactions" no longer exists in 2.0. You can subscribe to this option at any time (in the context of a simplified migration, the option is activated only after the validation report has been processed by Worldline).
You have a more secure environment than 1.0:
- Thanks to a secret key which replaces the API certificate in 1.0 (it secures exchanges between your website and the Sogenactif server, by allowing you to authenticate your payment requests to the Sogenactif server). An alert on the expiry date of your secret key(s) (valid for 2 years) is activated. It will be necessary to renew it/them before the expiry date in order to ensure the continuity of your electronic payments;
- Thanks to connectors 2.0 more secure than the old 1.0 APIs;
- Note: the "anti-carding checks" option no longer exists in 2.0 given the disappearance of the certificate in 2.0 (this option was used to cover the risk of "certificate corruption" in Sogenactif 1.0).
You benefit from a better payment experience and increase the possibility of increasing your turnover on your website:
- You automatically have the try payment feature. This feature allows the cardholder a new trial, with another payment mean, when their first payment has been declined. The payment page is displayed offering the selection of all payment means in the payment request. The retry is possible when the first payment has been refused for a reason other than fraud (card entry error, 3D Secure authentication failure, etc.). By default, 3 attempts are set up. In the case of a simplified migration, this option is activated once the simplified migration is finalised;
- You now have the possibility to implement new options / functionalities 2.0 which did not exist in 1.0 (immediately for the "full" migration, after reception of the validation report for the "simplified" migration). These new functionalities/options are the subject of a contractual formalisation. They include, for example, anti-fraud tools such as Gonogo+ and scoring, or optional services such as 1-click, In App, or new payment means such as 3X 4X Web Franfinance, 3X 4X CB Oney payment, Cpay Cetelem cards, 3X 4X CB Cetelem payment, Cofidis 3XCB, CVCO, gift card payment (Cado, Cadhoc, Spirit of Cadeau, Illicado), Multi-currency; or finally, the generation of a transaction identifier.
And finally, you will find below some useful information about the differences in settings between 1.0 and 2.0:
Note: Reports in 1.0 format will not be further developed by Worldline. If you need more information in your reports in the future, you will have to switch to the 2.0 reports format, which will require development on your part to integrate them into your information system.
- The "N times payment" option is deactivated in 2.0. You can subscribe to it in a new Sogenactif 2.0 service contract [full migration] or ask for it to be maintained in the simplified migration rider to your Sogenactif 1.0 service contract (in the context of a simplified migration, the option is activated only after Worldline has processed the validation report);
- Data and formats: new format for requests and automatic and manual responses; new payment URL; new cash management URL via Sogenactif Office Server;
- Feedback on the "retry" function for information: In 1.0, you did not receive an automatic response indicating the time-out 97 rejection codes. In 2.0, an automatic response linked to a time out corresponding to rejection code 97 is systematically sent to you. Note that the time out (which generates a 97 code) may be due to the delay between the time when the user enters his card data and the time when he has to proceed with the 3DS authentication or when the user does not press the "return to the eshop" button. As a result, you will receive more automatic responses with the rejection code 97 when you have completed your migration to 2.0. And if you have activated the retry option in 2.0 (an option that consists of offering new payment attempts to your customer when the refusal is not related to fraud), then you will receive even more rejection codes 97.
Contacts to help you
For any question or request for technical assistance, you can contact Sogenactif support:
- Phone : 0825 090 095
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm excluding public holidays (€0.15 incl. tax/min + price of a local call - Tariff as at 09/01/2021)
- Email : email@example.com
For any question or request for technical assistance, strictly related to the Sogenactif 1.0 to Sogenactif 2.0 migration, you can contact the new support dedicated to the SOGENACTIF 1.0 to SOGENACTIF 2.0 migration:
- Phone : 0811 107 022
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm excluding public holidays (€0.05 incl. tax/min + price of a local call - Tariff on 09/01/2021)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org (specify in the object “Sogenactif 1.0 Migration”)
For any contractual or commercial questions, please contact your usual Société Générale electronic banking contact.